Full name: Milena Markovna Kunis
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Green
Birth date: August 14, 1983
Birthplace: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
Occupation: Actress, Voice Actor
Years active: 1994-present
Zodiac sign: Leo
Spouse: Ashton Kutcher (m. 2015)
Children: 2. Wyatt Isabelle Kutcher and Dimitri Portwood Kutcher
Milena Markovna Kunis was born on on August 14, 1983 in Chernivtsi, in the Ukrainian SSR of the Soviet Union. Her mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher and drug store manager, and her father, Mark Kunis, is a mechanical engineer and cab company executive. She has an older brother, Michael. Her family moved to Los Angeles, California, in 1991 and had only 250 dollars.
Kunis said that a lottery system allowed her family to make the move: “It took about five years. If you got chosen the first time around, you went to Moscow, where there was another lottery, and you maybe got chosen again. Then you could come to the States.” On her second day in Los Angeles, she was enrolled at Rosewood Elementary School not knowing a word of English. “I blocked out second grade,” she says. “I don’t remember, but my mom tells me that I came home and cried every day. I wasn’t that traumatized. It was just a shock.” Kunis added: “I didn’t understand the culture. I didn’t understand the people. I didn’t understand the language. My first sentence of my essay to get into college was like, ‘Imagine being blind and deaf at age seven.’ And that’s kind of what it felt like moving to the States.”
Despite reports to the contrary, Kunis did not learn English from watching The Price Is Right. In Los Angeles, she attended Hubert Howe Bancroft Middle School. She was mostly taught by an on-set tutor for her high school years while filming That ’70s Show. When not on the set, she attended Fairfax High School, where she graduated in 2001. She briefly attended UCLA and Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles.
At the very beginning of her early life, she was deeply fascinated by acting arena. She became famous with the help of playing a role as a Jackie Burkhart on the television series That 70s Show. For outstanding performance, she wins best female actress’s Award of Venice International Festival.
At the early of her college life, she realized that she has a bright future in the acting career that’s why took a decision to act for the rest of the life. When she was just 9 years old she started acting, when her father heard about an acting class at Beverly Hills Studios and decided to enroll Mila in it. Where she met with her future agent. She was playing a character named Melinda in her first gig; Make a Wish, Molly in 1995. Her career skyrocketed into big-budget films from there.
She comes to the timeline for film Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008), in which she played a free-spirited character named Rachel Jensen. Mila showed her terrific performance in the films The Book of Eli (2010), Black Swan (2010), Friends with Benefits (2011), Ted (2012), Bad Moms (2016), and more.
She is happily married to actor Ashton Kutcher and is the mother to two adorable children, Wyatt and Dimitri.
– Biography Source (some parts)
• Mila and her family moved from Ukraine to LA when she was 7. Her father, Mark, is a mechanical engineer. Her mother, Elvira, is a physics teacher. Brother Mike is a biochemist.
• Met her manager at the Beverly Hills Studios (an after-school acting class). Her father enrolled her there when she was nine.
• Missed her senior prom due to a scheduling conflict.
• Auditioned for “That ’70s Show” (1998) at age 14. Though actors had to be at least 18 to get the part, she truthfully claimed she would be 18 on her birthday, not specifying which birthday, and won the role.
• Mila is so terrified of bugs that she ran offstage when the “bug guy” appeared during her interview on Late Night with Conan O’Brien.
• She and Laura Prepon are often filmed sitting down for their scenes on “That ’70s Show” (1998) due to the fact that Laura is seven inches taller than Mila. In other scenes, Mila wears platform shoes to give her four extra inches.
• She is a fan of hard rock/metal band Aerosmith.
• At age nine, Mila started to take after-school acting classes at the Beverly Hills Studio. At one of the Studio’s public showcases, Mila was approached by entertainment manager Susan Curtis, who offered to take her on.
• Mila’s best friend was Maria Osadchy when she was younger, an Aries whom she met in 2nd grade. Maria is Russian and helped Mila learn English. In an interview, Mila had Maria with her and talked about how they spent the night together on the weekends.
• Mila has an unusual physical peculiarity: her left eye is green and her right eye is blue. Laura Prepon, her co-star on “That ’70s Show” (1998), called her a “husky”, since she has two different eye colors.
• Favorite movie is Dirty Dancing (1987).
• Favorite TV show is “8 Simple Rules… for Dating My Teenage Daughter” (2002).
• Mila was nearly ejected from Game 5 of the 2008 National League Championship Series at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles. She was yelling and swearing at, what she precieved to be, a lack of effort by her Dodgers.
• She claims that she is an avid fan of the online video game World of Warcraft and plays whenever she has the time.
• In preparation for the film Max Payne, she trained with S.W.A.T. team instructors to learn how to handle a gun
• During the hand-to-hand combat scenes in Max Payne with Mark Wahlberg, Mila found the scenes would be more realistic if she actually hit her co-star. Wahlberg suffered a number of bruises and contusions during filming.
• In 2008, Mila was one of many celebrities who participated in an advertising campaign for the Gap. Other stars included Jennifer Hudson, Milla Jovovich, Jon Heder, Rainn Wilson and Ashanti.
• Graduated from Fairfax Senior High School in June 2001, with Fernanda Romero.
• Auditioned for a role in Knocked Up (2007).
• Was in a relationship with Macaulay Culkin from May 2002-December 2010.
• She and actress Sarah Michelle Gellar have a special credit in every episode of “Robot Chicken” (2005).
• Mila and Macaulay Culkin were on vacation in Israel in 2006 when a war broke out between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon. They flew out of the country and back to the U.S.; Mila later stated that they were never in any danger from rocket fire.
• Her favorite color is white.
• On the television show “Loveline” (1996), she mentioned that when she was younger, she had serious migraines that were caused by an eye condition. She had to insert steroid injections straight into her eye.
• Her name is pronounced ME-luh koon-is.
• Close friends with Natalie Portman and Kristen Bell.
• Ever since she was a little girl, she has loved The Price Is Right. After an interview on The Late Late Show in 2003, the “Big Wheel” was brought out so she could spin it. In 2017 she was a guest on The Price Is Right to help promote Bad Moms 2.
• When discussing her 20th birthday, she claimed that she does not have extravagant tastes. She’s most excited when she is given small tchotchkes from the 99 cent store.
• As a child, Mila suffered from glaucoma and was required to inject steroids into her eyes to treat the condition.
• Before That ’70s Show Mila guest starred on an episode of 7th Heaven with Debra Jo Rupp, who also starred in That ’70s Show for 8 seasons.
• She was the youngest cast member of That ’70s Show. When she was auditioning for the part of Jackie, she was only 14 years old.
• Mila started the autograph wall in Wilmer Valderrama’s trailer.
• Due to the fact that Laura Prepon is seven inches taller than Mila, Mila and Laura are often filmed sitting down for their scenes on That ’70s Show. In other scenes, Mila wears platform shoes to give her extra height.
• She has a tattoo on her left wrist of 2 playing cards.
• She has appeared in the music videos The End Has No End by the Strokes and Jaded by Aerosmith.
• Ashton Kutcher “punk’d” her off-screen during the production of an episode of That ’70s Show. He painted her black car pink, and wrote in “I Love Ashton”.
• In January 2011, Mila said that she was blind in one eye due to a condition called chronic iritis. She underwent surgery to correct the blindness. She later referred to this instance as cataracts.
&Bull; In 1999, she was chosen to replace Lacey Chabert as the voice of Meg on the animated series Family Guy.
• Landed critically acclaimed role in Black Swan (2010) after longtime pal Natalie Portman suggested her for the part of a rival ballerina to director Darren Aronosfky.
• She married Ashton Kutcher in 2015.
• She has two children, Wyatt Isabelle and Dimitri Portwood Kutcher.